Deuteronomy 6:7 "And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

Friday, December 10, 2010

BOOK REVIEW- "Little Star" by Anthony DeStefano

A few weeks ago I received Anthony DeStephano's new Christmas children's book "Little Star" and he asked me to review it on my blog for everyone. I was so excited when I received it and read it to my children right away. And let me just say, they have LOVED it. My youngest, Wacko, has actually been walking around the house with it all the time as you can see....



A little about the book:
The book is about a little star that is much smaller than all the other stars and is made fun of by them because of this. He feels like he isn't worth a lot because he is small. Until he has an opportunity to shine the light on Baby Jesus. It is a great way of telling the story of Jesus' birth from the view of the star.

The illustrations by Mark Elliott were wonderful as well! I have never seen such great artwork in a children's book.



It really keeps my children's attention, by the child themed story to the vivid colorful pictures, through the entire book everytime we read it.

I would recommend this book to any age child, even though Amazon suggests ages 4-8. I think ages 2-10 would enjoy this book.

And especially for the price on Amazon, only 9.35, you can't beat that for a great Christmas book to teach the true meaning of Christmas to your children every year.

This will be a tradition for us to read this book each and every year :)

Disclaimer about my reviews: Although I do receive these books for free as long as I write a review, I in no way sway my opinions of the books in one way or another. I will always post my honest opinions of each and everyone, good or bad.






No comments: