Deuteronomy 6:7 "And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Selfishness

Watching Diego with the kids today I realized that I didn't know what the difference between a tortoise and turtle was until DIEGO TOLD ME! Isn't that just sad when you realize that your children are learning more than you ever did and that a show like Diego teaches YOU something!! I dont know maybe I am the only mother out there that this happens to but I can recall many times that my children's shows have taught me so much. Sometimes it even makes me examine myself.

Every night I get the 2 youngsters to bed and Eli gets to stay up until 9:00 and watch one of his favorite shows. Well tonight that show was Veggie Tales. I can't remember what the episode was called, for you mommies that know every single episode like I do, but it was the one where the king had a love of rubber duckies and he had millions of them and a little boy that only had one. Well the king was selfish and wanted the little boys duck and was trying everything to take it from him. It was a great lesson in selfishness. It really made me to look at myself and see how I am so selfish sometimes. I'm not so much with strangers or friends, really not at all actually, but when it comes to my family (those that I am comfortable with) I am very selfish. I know, that is horrible right! The people that care about you the most and you care for the most are the ones you are selfish with. HOW SAD! So my goal for tomorrow is to think about my husband more...every second, and myself less. I have had some depression issues lately and I really feel like when you become selfless you heal yourself in the process. By making others feel better, you make yourself feel better. So this is something i will work on from now on because my husband deserves a lot! I want to be known as selfless :)

No comments: