Deuteronomy 6:7 "And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday Devotion

This is my first self wrote devotional, so please be kind if some of it just doesn't make sense. I just wanted to share my thoughts :)


“From that time on Judas began looking for an opportunity to betray Jesus” Matthew 26:16

Today I opened my Bible to start reading the story of Easter and started in Matthew, and when I got to the verses in Matthew 26 that spoke of Judas betrayal to Jesus, I started wondering how different are we really from Judas?? We may think everyday about what a horrible man he was and that we would never do that, but have we really ever thought about it??

The way I see it is we betray Jesus each and everyday with our sins, but our God is a forgiving God and he forgives us of each and every one of those sins that we confess to Him. Commiting those sins still betrays him though, just the same as Judas betraying him. So we are no better than Judas, we are just saved by Jesus! How great is it to think that J He went through so much pain and agony in order for us to have eternal life. He loved us THAT much! In Mark 14:34 it says that “He (Jesus) became deeply troubled and distressed. He told them, 'My soul is crushed with grief to the point of death.'" And that God had to turn his back from his son because his son became so full of so much sin! Could you imagine having to turn your back to your child and that you were doing this for everyone else to have eternal life! God loves us more than words can express to have put his son through so much in order for us to live with him forever.

And what an example Jesus was, he never questioned his father when He let it be known that he was going to have to be full of sin and die for our sins. He trusted in his Father, had faith in Him that all things were going to be new. And when Jesus was full of sin he had so much agony over it; when we sin do we show that much agony? Yes we may come to the Lord and ask his forgiveness but do we truly feel total remorse and pain from it? I know I tend to many times just ask God’s forgiveness and that is that, but I need to feel more remorse and guilt for what I have done like Jesus did. Thank you Lord for bringing your only begotten son to die for us and save us from all our sins. Thank you Jesus for dieing on that cross and trusting our Father so faithfully!

No comments: