Deuteronomy 6:7 "And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

Monday, August 10, 2009

Yakko never ceases to surprise me

Yakko is getting way to smart for his age and it scares me tremendously. At 4 years old he already knows way to much about outsmarting me!! For example today....

We were sitting at the dining room table eating lunch and Yakko starts talking about how there are more than one daddy's and Mommy's. Joking around I asked Yakko if I am the best mommy though, and he replies, "No Zachary's (Eli's friend) mommy is the best mommy." Trying not to laugh to hard because I know he is picking with me, I act upset and pretend to cry. Then he states "No mommy, you should be happy with what you are, you are #2 you are supposed to be happy with that". Now honestly how can I argue with that one!!!
What made this even better is that we had been talking recently about envy and how not to be envious of others. Also a show he watches all the time, 321 Penguins, has been talking about the same thing, so this couldn't have come at a better time. Now if he could just learn to apply this to his own life :D

Love him sooo much and love a 4 year old's response to things, never cease to amaze!!

No comments: