Deuteronomy 6:7 "And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

God ALWAYS provides!

"And my God will meet all of your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:19 (NIV)

Today has been a very hard day for me. Not to go into too much detail, our family has been having some financial strains lately and can not seem to get out of it. And then today things just became worse. Whenever we are having financial difficulties I take it very hard because I am the one that manages our finances so I know it is 90 if not 100% my fault. Add 4 screaming kids, a messing house from the birthday party this weekend and me not feeling good to that, and you have a very unhappy, depressed mommy/wife for the day. Well that is until I read this devotion and heard some wonderful innocent words from my daughter.

I receive a devotion everyday through email from Proverbs 31 Ministries and try to read it each day but here lately have not found the time to. Well after the morning and afternoon I had today, I thought I would take a few minutes out, tune out the kids screaming, and read today's devotion. It was entitled "Invisible Miracles". Instead of me summarizing the devotion I ask you go here and read it. If it helped me today with all my negative thoughts and down in the dumps feelings it will DEFINITELY help you as well.

After reading the devotion I started thinking about all the ways the Lord has provided and protected me and my family, without us really having to say a word. Here is just a summary of some of those times:
1. When Monty about lost his contract job , just a couple days before his contract was due to run up God provided us the Wonderful job he has now.
2. When Yacko was in the hospital for RSV at 2 months old
3. When Dot fell off the bed at 6 weeks old.
4. When Wacko fell down the basement stairs just under a year old and landed on concrete floor from about 6 stairs up. Wacko didn't have even a broken bone, it was like God's angels came and caught his fall.
5. When we were in so much debt after Dot's birth. God provided the Financial Peace course to change our lives.
6. When Monty and I thought we weren't going to make it through our first year of marriage, God made us stronger and kept us together now for 5 years! We were seriously contemplating divorce that first year, not sure either one of us was truly in love then.

So why do I think now, in one of our worst financial times, that God will not provide??? I know why, because I am not putting all trust in Him. I am seeing how bad it is and thinking there is no way this can get good, and not realizing what God can do and what he has already done. I just need to put more trust in Him and it will all work out, I KNOW IT! So tonight I am going to pray and meditate to gain God's wisdom for this situation and I know in His time it will all be made good.

Oh and Dot really helped my afternoon turn around as well. We were driving down the road taking my mom's vehicle back to her after using it for a day because of a car accident we were in (long story). I look back at Dot and she is pulling on her eyebrow saying "Mommy what's dis, I can't get it" with a very determined look on her face. I guess she just figured out she had eyebrows :)

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I hope things are looking up for you! I believe, as do you, that God does provide!