Deuteronomy 6:7 "And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Frugal Friday- 3 Ingredient Baked Tilapia

Quick Post tonight...I am exhausted (more on that at a later date) ! I wanted to share with you a great healthy, frugal recipe I made the other night.

This recipe is from Paula Deen's son Bobby Dean. When first looking at the recipe, I thought to myself there is no way this is good, it's too simple. But I went ahead with it because we had had a very long day and I was way to tired to try anything more complicated. We actually would've have eaten out that night if it weren't for this recipe.

Just pair it with rice and steamed broccoli and voila dinner is DONE :) Here it is, it is delish!!!!

Baked Tilapia
Ingredients:
Butter cooking spray
4 (6-8oz) tilapia fillets
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 lime, finely grated zest and juice
2 tbs butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a large cast iron pan with cooking spray.

Place fish in pan. Season each fillet with salt, pepper, lime zest and lime juice. Add fish to the pan. Place a pat of butter on each fillet and cook in the oven for 8-12 minutes.

No comments: