Deuteronomy 6:7 "And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

This is the stuff that drives me crazy....

So....this day started off great.

Woke up at 7:30, L woke up and ate and then went right back to sleep.

Mommy got some much needed ME time while L slept, because since the time changed Dot and Wacko were still asleep too.

Dot and Wacko woke up around 9!!! L woke up around 8:30.

Everyone had their breakfast and got dressed , teeth brushed, ,beds made etc; then we were off to do some errands.

THEN life happened....like it always does....

We got in the car and realized....we needed gas. Okay I was good with this, no biggie, I would have to go in and pay with check because that is all that was on me but it's ok, I've done this before.

So I decide to go to Kroger to get gas, because the cashier is located outside right near the pumps, this way I could still leave the kids in the car while I pay. Oh and the fact that gas is SO EXPENSIVE right now and Kroger offers a great discount because that is where I get groceries.

Gas has been pumped, check wrote, go up to the cashier to pay and......he asks for my drivers license. No big deal you say? Yes no big deal at all, that is if you aren't a mother of 4 with the youngest only 2 months old and you have lost all brain cells, and have forgotten your driver's license!!!!!!

So I ask the very nice man, "Can I just give you my social?"

He replies "Well it is prompting me for your license number, so that is what I have to take."

Me "Are you sure you can't take the social instead?"

Nice man "okay, we can try it". And it WORKS! YAY, I am saved. I really didn't want to have to leave him with my precious three children as collateral as I go to get my license.

So, first obstacle of the morning saved. Now all I have to do is get through Walmart and we are good!

Go to Walmart, things are going great. The kids are being wonderful, listening SO well...and then we get to check-out and I pay with check again, because that is the only thing I had with me.

And what does the cashier ask for??? You got it, MY DRIVER'S LICENSE!

I am thinking, you've got to be kidding me, I never get asked for my license as much as I had today!

Again I ask "Can you just take my social?"

She replies "no, I have to have your license ID number".

So then I ask "how about if I call my husband and he tells me his driver's license number, would that work?"

Nice lady replies "let me ask my boss"

Boss comes over and I ask her, she says she doesn't think so but let her go call the manager and double check.

10 minutes later she comes back and says "No, I'm sorry we can't do that, we have to have your driver's license" !!!!

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Is what is going through my mind) But I am doing really great at holding it all together I must say.

They suspend our order and take it to customer service while we make our way all the way back home to get my license.

EXCEPT, it wasn't quite that easy. It was lunchtime and I had hungry children AND a hungry infant.

So...we stop at Chick-fil-a and thank goodness I had $10 on me, so I got Dot and Wacko some lunch, then sat in the parking lot to nurse L while they ate their lunch. 20+ more minutes gone....

Finally, everyone is fed and we make it back home and then back to Walmart.

Everything finally worked out and we are headed home WITH our stuff.

And it's 1:00, it only took 3 hours to do what should have only taken 1 hour!!!!

Then the rest of our afternoon was spent doing things that I had actually planned for the day, and try and do it all in 2 hours, before I then had to leave to pick up Yacko from school.

Like I said oh what a day!

I leave you with a great song that has gotten me through moments like this many many times, I hope it blesses you the way it has me. View the video/song here. Now on to getting ready for a day AT HOME tomorrow :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love those kinds of days. Ugh! I hope today goes better!