Deuteronomy 6:7 "And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Back to Reality....(Thankful Thursday)

So I knew it would come after my two VERY great first homeschooling days, but really didn't want to believe it. Today's school time was not like the ones of the past.

There was whining by the 6 year old. "I'm too tired" (see how I emphasize the too, this is exactly how he said it), "This is boring, I wanna play with L".

Then comes the soon to be 5 year old, "I want to color, Wacko gets to color, I want to color!" Mommy replies "As soon as you finish your school work Dot, then you can color". Which only leads to a full blown out temper tantrum of extreme proportions. So what do we do? We compromise! I tell her to finish her math work and then she can color before we start on handwriting. Amazingly and very thankful, this works!!

On top of all this mommy is exhausted. Homeschooling is not for the lazy, this is hard work! Which I knew it would be and will be, I am just THANKFUL I made it through the day.

Today was the last day of our first week (we are only doing a 4 a day program) and I think we are all glad to have a couple days break. Mommy learning the best way to home school and the kids getting back into the swing of school has drained us all by today.

We are very much looking forward to next week though, to start fresh and find out more about what "The Boxcar Children" are going to do next. Through it all I am still thankful beyond measure for this week I have had with my children to teach them. So here is my thankful list for this week:



1. Having the ability and the privilege to be able to teach my children at home.





2. An amazing God who gives us grace new and fresh each day. Oh how thankful I am for that one!





3. My fun, whole-hearted, energetic, independent children. My life would be so dull without them.



See....my kids are just awesome, this is how Wacko decided to ride his bike this afternoon. He said he was a ninja!!!

No comments: