Deuteronomy 6:7 "And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

...but so glad I'm here.

Yesterday I spoke on "The Day I never would have imagined.." about how I never could have imagined God calling me to homeschool but today I am so very glad He did!

Even after a night of pretty much no sleep. L woke up at 2:30 to nurse and then woke up again at 4:00 just because and never went back to bed. Dot also woke up at 4:00 and was wide awake and asking to EAT! We got her to go back to bed, said "It's too early Dot!" but that didn't last for long. She proceeded to come out every 30 minutes after that, still asking to EAT! You would think we don't feed her or something!

But even after a night like that, I am still very glad He did call me here.

Yesterday I got to experience some of the sweetest things with my children that would never normally happen if I hadn't submitted to God's will for me. Not only did I get to see their wheels turning when they were thinking about the first people in world and see how smart they are, but I was able to see their sweet innocence as children and how they can say/do the darnedest and cutest things. Read what they did here.

These are things I would never experience if they were in school 6.5 hours a day and I only got 5 hours at the most with them every night. Those hours being their most drained and exhausted times. I would never see their true beauty!

So today, with a larger than life coffee mug in hand, I am thankful. Thankful God has led me here. Thankful for my children. And thankful for the husband who supports me through it all.

If you homeschool, what things do you enjoy seeing/hearing during the day from your children that you normally wouldn't? Comment and let me know!

No comments: