Deuteronomy 6:7 "And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What I learn from a 6 year old.... (Scripture Sunday...a bit late)



"They are of the world; therefore they speak as from the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God; he who knows God listens to us; he who is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error." - 1 John 4:5-6

This verse is the verse that my 6 year old son opened up his Bible and read to me on Friday. Yacko does this a lot, he will go and fetch his Bible and just open it to a scripture he has thought up in his head and read it. He will say, "hmmm, I want to see what John chapter 6 verse 4 says (for example)", and then he will do just that, open his Bible and read it. And I was thinking, couldn't we learn a lot from this?

How often do we get overwhelmed by the Bible and all it has to offer? I know for sure that I do. For years I wouldn't have daily Bible time because I just didn't know where to start. The Bible is a BIG BOOK and it can feel overwhelming, but shouldn't we do like Jesus said and come to Him as a child would? So shouldn't we just do like Yacko did and just open it up!

The Bible does have a lot to say in it, but that is the great thing about it as well, there is a lot God wants us to know! So just pray that God would lead you where he wants you to be in His Word today, then just open it up and READ. And receive His blessings and instruction .

Side note: I believe God was using Yacko this day to tell me something. I was having a rough day, feeling lonely on the home school front and then Yacko reads this verse of how we are not of the world. Then on Sunday our youth leads our service and one of our youth (15 years old at that) speaks on how we are not of the world! These are the moments where you remember God will/ can use anyone to speak to you, even children.

No comments: