Deuteronomy 6:7 "And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

Friday, November 11, 2011

Life Changes....

So I just looked and saw that it has been since October 9Th since my last post! I knew it had been a while but did not realize that long. For those of you who have been wondering, where did she go, well life has just been very difficult and stressful lately so blogging unfortunately has been on the bottom of my list of things to do. Not that I haven't wanted to write and talk and get all my thoughts out onto paper (or computer in this case), but I just needed to readjust my priorities for a little while so that we could figure out some things as a family.

The biggest thing we have had to decide on was to stop homeschooling. I know many of you are homeschooling so this just sounds crazy to you I am sure. Over the last two months my family has had a lot of changes and difficulties. My health, financial strains, and taking on an extra child to watch in our home to try and fix those financial strains. All of this added together didn't really affect our homeschooling as far as academically; Yacko was still moving right on through, learning and remembering things faster than I expected. Dot was learning to read small words and I was so happy that I had taught her this. It was me that it was affecting. My attitude, my health and my spiritual well being. I was not the mommy I should have been, nor the wife. So for now we have put the kiddos back into school for this year. I am hoping and praying that in the future years we can return to homeschooling, because I really love it, life just got in the way for the moment.

Pray for me if you think about, that I will be able to accept this and the children will do well in school. So far it has been great, Dot has a very nice teacher and Yacko was able to skip a grade and move into 2ND (so I guess I did accomplish something these last few months), I just pray it stays like this and I can stop feeling like a failure. Maybe I did give up too soon, but it is what it is and this is our life for now.

Now I am looking forward to special time with L while the older 3 are at school. On Thursdays and Fridays I am looking forward to much needed time with Wacko as well. I also am looking forward to becoming closer to God through all this and becoming the wife I want and need to be (not that I wasn't before, but I can do so much more for my husband now).

So, life throws you curve balls and that is just what has happened to us, it's just how you react during those times that matter and I am just trusting in God that this is what is meant to be.

Side note: Please Please if you are homeschooling or considering it, please do not let my circumstance hinder you to continuing on with what God has called you too. I think more than anything this is what I worry most, that my quitting will hinder someone else's decision. Just because it did not work for us right now does not mean that it can't or wont work for you! Trust and God and pray everyday!!! :)

No comments: