Deuteronomy 6:7 "And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

Saturday, October 20, 2012

My FAVORITE Muffin Recipe

So I received this little cookbook from my mother in law a couple Christmas' back and I thought that I might not use it that much, because well it kind of just looked like a bunch of simple classic dishes that I already knew.  But this cookbook has become one of my 3 favorite go-to cookbooks.  It reminds me of a cookbook my mom has had since she got married, an old Betty Crocker cookbook.  She uses that thing so much, and it just has normal, classic home cooking in it. 
 
One reason why I love this cookbook is because it has this amazing muffin recipe!
So I wanted to share it with you, this is my kind of revised version.
 

 
INGREDIENTS
2C flour
2/3C plus 2TBSP sugar
1.5tsp baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
1/4tsp salt
1C sour cream
1/4C buttermilk
1/4C vegetable oil
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp grated orange peel (we dont always put this so it's optional)
1tsp vanilla
1 cup blueberries, apples, strawberries, or raspberries (fresh or frozen!)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
 
MIX flour, 2/3C sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.  Mix sour cream, milk, oil, egg, orange peel and vanilla in medium bowl.  Add to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistend (batter will be thick and slightly lumpy).  Gently stir in blueberries.
 
SPOON batter into 12 lightly greased or paper lined muffin cups, filling each cup 1/2 full. Mix 2Tbsp sugar and ground cinnamon.  Sprinkle over muffins.
 
BAKE in preheated 400 degree oven 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into muffins comes out clean.  Serve warm.


No comments: