Deuteronomy 6:7 "And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thankfulness Part 1

November is the time of year that everyone starts posting on Facebook (or other social media) what they are thankful for each day.  While I believe we should remember what we are thankful for 365 days a year, not just 30, I do like this tradition in November. But this year instead of posting it just on Facebook, I wanted it to be somewhere that I could look at for days to come and years from now.   So I am have a 4 Weeks of Thankfulness Blog Hop.  I will share 7 things each week (on Thursdays, sorry a little off this week) of what I am thankful for, and you can join in on the fun.  Post a link to your blog of your thankfuls and we can all remember how much the Lord has blessed us and many others and concentrate on the good in our life, not the bad.

Week 1:
      1. My amazing Lord and Father.  In times of loneliness, He was there.  In times of failure, He was there.  In times of struggle, He was there.  In the most joyous of times, He was there.  I can not even begin to describe how thankful I am for HIM.
      2. My husband.  He loves me for who I am and has stuck with me and our vows to each other for 8 years now, through all the ups and downs.  Looking forward to many more years of being thankful for him.
      3. COFFEE...yes I am very thankful for my coffee.  My children would not want me around, let alone teaching them, if I did not have this necessity every morning!
      4. My home.  Our home isn't anything fancy and definitely not as big as you would think for 6 people, but it is what God has blessed us with and I am very thankful.  While so many out there do not have any shelter, or are living in worse conditions, I am in my nice comfy, cozy, warm home and I am very thankful for it.  (Even for the floor that is coming up in the kitchen and the carpet that needs replaced) 
      5. Clothes washer/dryer.  Recently over the past month or so I have been dealing with a washer that cuts off mid cycle and a dryer that takes 2 hours to dry anything.  I was blessed beyond measure with my Grandfather's (recently passed away) washer and dryer.  They are still old, but they run so much better and they remind me of him every time I do laundry.  Kind of makes me enjoy doing laundry now, well almost.  This was a huge blessing to me.
      6. My grandfather, the one I just spoke of who recently passed away.  I have so many wonderful memories with him and look up to him so much.  What an amazing man he was and a fantastic grandfather.  I miss him greatly, but look forward to seeing him again one day with our Heavenly Father.
      7. My children.  If you had told me 8 years ago that I was going to have 4 children and homeschool them all, I would have called you nuts.  But God's plans are always better than our own right?  I am blessed beyond measure with my children and so very thankful for each and every one of them.  They are bring something different and amazing to our family.
So....there is my Part of one of Thankfulness.  Would you care to join me? 

Click the link below to add your post.  I look forward to reading them all!

No comments: