Deuteronomy 6:7 "And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

Thursday, August 6, 2009

FlyLady

So...I am trying to get our house in order, like most stay at home moms are trying to do everyday. Well now I think I might have found something to help me do this. I suffer from very high anxiety issues to the point that if I get too overwhelmed I have panic attacks and just don't complete what it is I was going to do. I have actually recently been put on anti depressant for this. All though the anti-depressant is helping me CALM DOWN a lot I still could really use some help with keeping things in order and not feeling overwhelmed and claustrophobic in my own house. I have made a Home Management Guide, or at least half of it, and this has really helped me out with scheduling chores and our day, but I thought that maybe I might need something more, just something to get me motivated! This is when I found FlyLady.net.

I was going through my inbox trying to delete all of my read messages and get my inbox down from 300+ emails. Monty had taken the kids to the pool that day while I was working at the salon so it was a great time for me to get these kinds of things done. Well I came across an email from a homeschooling site and in that email they were talking about using FlyLady to organize their menu planning. I thought, hmm...maybe I should check this out, since I do have all the time to myself right now. I click on the link and go to the site, well my first impression was,'great another crazy lady trying to do a crazy thing that just isn't going to work, and to on top of that she has a silly cartoon pic of herself on the site'. But just to amuse myself, since again I had nothing better to do, I start checking out some of the stuff and I very the welcome message and video. I was amazed! This woman is very uplifting and organized! My kind of woman :)

So to make a long story short, I signed up for her program and am now starting on the baby steps. The baby steps are 31 days worth of quick one note steps for you to do each day to get you to your goal of "Finally Loving Yourself", because this is of course what FLYing is all about. I thought y'all might enjoy me blogging about this journey with FlyLady so here we go, I am on Day 6 tomorrow and it states that I need to :
*Getting Dressed to lace up shoes
*Keep my sink shining (this is the first baby step that seems to have helped the most, pretty much you just keep you sink clean and dry with no dirty dishes in it)
*Read 2 minutes of reminders
* Recognizing the negative voices when I hear them and changing the words to be nice to me. That is what FLYing (Finally Loving Yourself) is all about.
*And learn about hot spots
Well there we go, this is what I will start on tomorrow and I will let you know how it goes tomorrow night, plus tomorrow night I will find out what Day 7 holds for me. See ya then :)

No comments: