Deuteronomy 6:7 "And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

Friday, August 21, 2009

Getting out of DEBT NOW!!

Today has been a rather rough day, actually one of the worst in a very long time. I woke up this morning and as I usually do, opened the computer to check my email and check our bank account. Come to find out that we do not have the money we need to get through till the next paycheck, yet again!!! It bothered me the most today because I feel like we just can not get out of it, but the thing that is the worst is I know it is all my fault, I have not been controlliing our money well at all since we got back from vacation. My husband makes double the money now then he did just a year ago and we still can't seem to make ends meet lately. So in order to help with this this week we are trying to sell a couple things that we do not use anymore and are just taking up space.



We participated in Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace University", I guess it was 2 years or so ago and during that class we were doing so well, and it was the eye opener that we had needed! Even months after the class ended, probably for a year, we continued to do well and followed the "Dave Ramsey way"! I guess it is true though that it is easy to get off track of something if you are not practicing it regularly. We went a couple of months without taking cash out for purchases or not completely following our budget guidelines and then BAMM things started to go down hill, then we got back on track for a while then BOOM we were off again. That is where we are at now. I feel like our next step is going to have to be to revisit Financial Peace and listen to all the CD lessons again to get ourselves back on track and back into that mind set. My hope and prayer is that this will work and I know God is with us even now, even in this stressful time.


My question for you is if you ever feel this same way as me, that you can never seem to get on top of everything, that it is just a constant rollercoaster ride? And if ANYONE has advice for me on how to show my husband that living frugally is what we are both going to have to do, not just one of us, I would love to hear that advice as well.
Dave Ramsey also wrote an independant study book "Total Money Makeover", if you can not attend a Financial Peace University class, this is the next best choice. For more information on this book check out Life As Mom's Frugile Friday post.

1 comment:

Renee said...

I know just how you feel. We believe in owe no one nothing but love. So we pay cash only. Im a housewife and mom. We barely get by. We live paycheck to paycheck. We would like to own a home someday but want to get our credit report cleaned up first but thats hard to do when you live paycheck to paycheck. Seems to me that when we run out of money and cant get the things we need to get us to the next check God always provides for us. We are so tight on money this year for Christmas because my husband wont be getting his bonus. My oldest son will be getting free used but new to him gifts this year. Thank goodness my youngest is only 3 months.

So I completely understand what you are going through. If you need to talk feel free to contact me.
God bless
Renee