Deuteronomy 6:7 "And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Perfection....not intended to be reached



The above picture is of my living room, probably my most favorite room in our house.  But this is NOT how my living room always looks.

While I was going around the house and cleaning today, I started thinking about what my blog is really all about and how people might view it.  And then I started thinking, I hope people don't think I am perfect or any better than they are just because of the advice I put her on my blog.  So I thought I would take you through what my home usually looks like and how I am FAR from perfect and I also need God's grace every second of every day, just like you.

The picture above is of my living room, but like I said, it's not always this nice.  Although I do try and keep this room cleaner than any other because I just need one room to go that doesn't look like a tornado hit it.  But usually there are still toys on the floor, books all over the furniture, clothes laid here and there and shoes where they should not be.   Only occasionally do I get it looking like the picture above.





This picture is of my bedroom (AKA the catch all room) and this is the normal look of it.  Drawers pulled out, clothes waiting to be hung up, random toys on the floors, etc.  One thing I do usually manage in every bedroom though is to make the bed.  I have to have just that little peace everyday of all beds made, but that is sometimes as far as it goes.




And here is our kitchen at about 2:00.  Table still not 100% cleaned up from lunch, food still out on the counters and table, some dishes in the sink (although this is a little pet peeve of mine, I don't like dirty dishes hanging around), trash can wide open and papers out of place.


The REAL purpose of my blog is to give encouragement, help where I can (although I am FAR from knowing it all), and just share my thoughts and feelings with others.  It is not to make me be viewed as perfect, or amazing or anything like that because in the end we all fall short don't we?  I know I do each and every day.  BUT I keep trying!!  I am diligent in my work that God has called me to here in my home, I am not lazy (or try not to be), and I do everything to His glory.  And that is the best I can do and I am happy with that.  If there is a mess on the floor, toys everywhere, or the dreaded dishes in the sink...I don't let it get to me, don't let it make me feel like I am any less than what God thinks of me.  HE thinks we as His children, are amazing, beautiful and the best!  Don't think any less of yourself just because your house doesn't look like the magazines :)



No comments: