Deuteronomy 6:7 "And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up."

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankfulness week 2 {Thankful Thursday}


With a week of elections not going the way you hoped and a sick little one at home it can be very easy to loose our joy and forget to focus on our blessings.  But I know I still have so much to be thankful for this week and God is STILL in control!

My thankfulness list this week:

  1. My parents and the kids' grandparents.  I am so thankful for the loving, beautiful Christian parents God blessed me with.  Though we may not always agree on everything, we still have an amazing relationship and a love that will last forever.  And there are no better grandparents for my children.  My children love them so much!
  2. The USA!  While so many others are out there complaining about where they think the US is headed, I am focusing on how much we still have to be thankful for in this amazing country.  We still have our freedom.  We are still better off than more than half the World.  We still have our God.  He is still in control of it all if we just keep our focus and prayers with Him, he will take care of us.
  3. Friends- those who stick there through the good and bad.  I am reminded of a song I learned as a girl scout that I think is very fitting for my thankfulness of real friends, kinda corny but fitting  "make new friends but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold."
  4. Modern Technology.  As much as I may talk down on it a lot (which is weird for someone whose husband works in IT), I am very thankful for the wonderful advances we have today.  Without it I wouldnt be able to sit here right now typing, on my bed, while my daughter lays on top of the screen yelling to watch Elmo!!
  5. Anything CHOCOLATE.  Last week it was coffee, which is like my life support, but next in line would definitely have to be chocolate.  I mean, what girl can live without chocolate right?
  6. Grace.  If it weren't for God's amazing grace, I would not be where I am today.  The past is behind me and I am thankful for the future He has given me now because of His amazing grace that is made new every day.
  7. My nice cozy big comfy blanket to cuddle up in each and every night when the days start to get cold. I love the winter time for this, not much better of a feeling.
What are you thankful for this week? Share with me below or comment.

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. Phillipians 4:8
 

No comments: